Resurfacing the Ancient Blood Mysteries
In the 4th episode of the Cyclical Living podcast I, Sarah Dous, speak about the Ancient Blood Mysteries, better known as the Menstrual Cycle.
The intention of this episode is to peel back the layers of shadow that has been put on this bodily function and to resurface the ancient way of looking at the menstrual cycle as a source for wellbeing, self-knowledge and self-love.
Topics that come up are:
- I share deeply about my personal journey; how losing my mother to ovarian cancer led me on the path of the ancient Blood Mysteries.
- Sharing a brief history of where the menstrual cycle was corrupted from a beautiful and natural bodily function into a disgusting and demonized function.
- The importance of transforming the shadows of disgust and fear and reclaiming the menstrual cycle as a tool for wellbeing, self-knowledge and self-love.
- How the menstrual cycle is structured in two streams; the Red and White one.
- And lastly about the four phases of the menstrual cycle and how you can become more conscious of them in your own body.